11/11/2007

Eddie Guerrero-sign

This is an altered sign. When I started out making this sign Eddie Guerrero was still alive and we were just about to go and see Smackdown in Helsinki Finland. One week prior to the event Eddie had heartfailure and died in his hotel. Needless to say we were all shocked and we were not really sure if we were going or not to the event. Eventually we made up our minds but before we left we changed the Eddie-sign a bit. Originally it read We love Eddie but we changed that to Sweden loves Eddie and also added Thank´s for the memories and the R.I.P-bit plus a black ribbon on the top right of this large sign. I dont think anyone from the WWE ever saw this sign but we were at least happy with this small celebration of a great entertainer. My son and I once met Eddie in Turku Finland and he was ever so nice to us, really taking time to speak with us and especially my son. At the show my son bought a Eddie T-shirt that he put on straight away just because of that. Back at the hotel when we were having our late dinner the wrestlers came back from the show and Eddie once again took time and came up by his free will to our table, patted on my sons chest and complimented him for his good taste. He was just ten at the time but he still remembers it like it was yesterday.



A close up on the "artwork" of Eddies face and for once I can say that I actually succeded with a portrait. That was a first, and a last!

No comments: