21/10/2007

John "Nitro" Morrison sign

One of the problems with making signs is the change of characters that wrestlers often have. One day you make a good sign but its hopelessly outdated the next day! This sign I made for Johnny Nitro, and Melina who used to be his valet. As we all know Nitro is not Nitro anymore, he is John Morrison, hinting on his likeness with the late great singer from the Doors and him and Melina are not even on the same show anymore. I will just have to make a new one for him but in the meantime, here is the Nitro sign.
The only thought here was to copy the logo from the WCW Nitro show and thats exactly what I have done. I have just changed the text but all in all its the same as the WCW-logo. I was really pleased with this one but I never got to use it. We have stood just a few feet away from John and Melina but it was early morning and they were rushing out to the bus from the hotel-lobby so we never got a chance to show it. Anyway, here it is, a large sign that will have to stay forever in my storageroom because I cant see him going back to his old gimmick:

No comments: